Saturday, January 9, 2010

How to play a rogue and be better than 90% of the PUG'ers you meet

Tipa over at West Karana is having trouble with rogue DPS.

Granted she is level 55 and really needs to not worry about it right now, but I can give a few suggestions. First off I avoid combat spec. I think that a rogue should use daggers and be proud of it. If you want to dual wield two swords, roll a fury warrior. I raid and will always raid and DPS 5 mans in the good old stabby stabby spec. I don't really play my rogue anymore but my DPS rocked hard even in my mediocre gear.

Next little group of advice:

Go Assasination spec

Get two daggers

No sinister strike with this build. Take it off your hot bar. It's all envenom once the poisons stack

Read this

http://www.wow.com/2009/01/21/encrypted-text-guide-to-rogue-stats-for-new-raiders/

Read this

http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t37183-pocket_guide_wotlk_updated_3_3_a/

Instant and deadly poison

Use this mod:

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/mutilate.aspx

Now use this mod:

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/sliceadmiral.aspx

DONE. Enjoy the free tips. You can thank me later!

5 comments:

  1. lol... thanks. I'd wield daggers if I had decent daggers to wield! Also, I do do quests, and sinister strike is better than backstab for soloing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah questing can be fun in combat. But I leveled with daggers so it was painful I just could not use combat. It was some ANTI RP thing in my blood. Anyway when you get closer to 70 and hit Northrend think about swapping that spec and weapons around

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also remember: no sinister strike with this build. Take it off your hot bar. Its all envenom once the poisons stack

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent, I will have to check this out. May be I will finally give my rogue some play time now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm I agree that rogues = daggers, however combat is the superior dps build whilst levelling, specifically during trash pulls in dungeons. Blade flurry is your friend.

    Oh and I think you mean 'eviscerate' not 'sinister strike'

    I do miss my rogue :(

    Ah well i'll roll one when Cataclysm releases.

    ReplyDelete