Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I want to like Paradox but they have a shaky release record

They have such a habit of releasing games in such a poor state I just cannot abide by getting any of their titles until a 5-6 month cooldown period has passed.

Case in point Hearts of Iron 3. What a mess this game was at launch. I wanted many many months and just got it for 8 dollars on Amazon. Now I feel that I will get my value out of the title. Europa Universalis complete is also 7 dollars on Amazon for the holidays so I will probably snatch that one up also.

Thinking of getting Lionheart Kings Crusade? Well if you own a Windows 64bit operating system (Windows 7) you may want to wait. Paradox has a solution. Try the demo first. Don't beleive me? Here is the thread

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?505873-Update-Lionheart-Windows-7-64-bit-crashes
As some players have noticed, Windows 7 64 bit in combination with some graphics cards, as well as a third, so far unknown complication that causes the game to crash.


Victoria 2 was a notoriously bad game. My suggestion? Wait and go for the AGEOD title Pride of Nations. A tried and true engine and I am sure that they will release a fairly stable product. In fact the only one I can think of that did not work out well for them was World War One. At least at first. Since its release it has been fixed.

Link here to Pride of Nations: http://www.ageod-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=250

Now is a good time to hop in on Europa Universalis 3. Divine Wind is right around the corner:



I don't know what it is but I just cannot get into EU3 or HOI3. I hate the maps and the graphics, the combat animation and the "real time" aspect. Call me crazy but I just cannot get hooked. Well at any rate here is wishing them luck on the new expansion.

No comments:

Post a Comment