Monday, December 27, 2010

Squad Battles Modern War is released, I am locked and loaded

Fresh off the digital download is the brand new Squad Battles Modern War from the John Tiller Software site. I got up this morning and at 6am the game was in the store, I busted out my credit card and had the game digitally delivered. I was up and playing in less than 10 minutes. What a good feeling that is eh? I entered my serial number, the game was activated (did not require internet connection EDIT: It does require a connection) and I was launching smoke grenades and firing M203's at enemy positions with my infantrymen in seconds.

This newest version of the Squad Battles game features no 3D mode but has added many features like a mouse wheel scroll, 2 linked scenario campaigns, Leader morale modification to assault morale and more rules.

That's not all though kids. Check out these documents straight from the JTS site:

Here are some files from the game (PDF files):

Expect an AAR real soon but to wet your appetite here are the screenshots of my first load and starting scenario:



7 comments:

  1. This is my first SB and Iam hooked. I would buy them all but unfortunately HPS doesnt offer downloads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its good stuff. The Advance of the Reich and Red Victory are awesome. So is the Tour of Duty. Good stuff

    ReplyDelete
  3. It didn't require internet connection? I just read that it does to activate it the first time, but after that it doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I entered the number it just said "Activated" in less than a split second. So unless I have a super speed line (I have ATT DSL) then I dont think it uploaded or did anything. Maybe it did then not sure. But it was so fast I didnt even notice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup found it. Its a PDF with the game in the install directory. I edited my post

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you managed to win that Starter scenario? I've been banging my head against it for a little while now, and nothing I do seems to give me a doorway into any of the bunkers held by the Iraqi Republican Guard. It seems a bit harsh for a tutorial scenario.

    I hope you do an AAR on that scenario, because it would supplement the getting started manual for newcomers to the day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heck no. In fact check this thread out:

    they actually wanted it pretty hard. But man I think its OVER hard.

    http://www.theblitz.org/message_boards/showthread.php?tid=57735

    ReplyDelete