Monday, December 13, 2010

Today's history lesson: The Battle of Auerstadt

Just a little present for my early morning readers. Took a sweet screenshot last night from the tutorial scenario I am fighting in HPS Sims Jena-Auerstadt. Napoleon won a big victory here in 1806 that led to the capitulation of the Prussians by 1807 (the Treaties of Tilsit). I am not so sure I will have the same result in this northern sector battle. Getting used to these games means that I make a lot of errors but sometimes I react fast enough to cover my mistakes.

The map below is how big the area is covered in the game but my little shot here is in the very tippy top up north where is says "battle area". The arrival around 10:15 am October 14th of the 1st, 2nd and 12th Chasseurs may have saved the day on my right flank but further down on my left I have to hurry reserves to plug a whole I may let the Prussians bust into. This is not shown in the photo. After the photo is a picture I took of the Prussians charging my right flank. I thought it was pretty cool. You can see I have my French in square formation and I have some little skirmishers out there deployed to slow down that cavalry. I love that stuff! I have a spelling error in the battle name in the screenshot. Sorry about that.



No comments:

Post a Comment