Saturday, July 2, 2011

SPQR Great Battles of History: Ambush on the Romans complete

Another day and another learning step in figuring out this great battle system. Today over at my friends we finished up the SPQR turn we started the other day. Since this is a teaching game it moves slowly yet still has plenty of excitement.

At the start of Turn 2 the Carthiginians under Hannibal sprang an ambush on the Roman left from the woods.

Today we finished that ambush and the 2nd turn. While initially my ambush was a rousing success and I broke the Roman left, the Romans rallied routed units quickly and shifted their lines over to meet the threat. Next week we continue the game and see if my ambushers can hold off the fast approaching Roman response and see if I can keep the momentum. I routed a lot of him and put some hits on his once strong units but now I must finish them off before he brings too much force down on my right flank.



At the start of the ambush I came out of the woods strong and broke a good deal of Roman units getting a lot of flank attacks.



Javelin throwers and slingers run out of ammunition quickly in this game and are marked as such.



When all was said and done I had burst out of the woods and gained some ground. However the Romans rallied quickly and threaten the northern side of the ambush.

No comments:

Post a Comment