Monday, June 18, 2012

Dystopian Wars

Well I finally decided to commit to Dystopian Wars after a year of going back and forth and trying to figure out what system I wanted to replace Warhammer with. Along with Infinity I have now collected both my favorite miniature games and will start playing them in earnest. Dystopian Wars features fluff, rules and tactics I like in a concise system with great looking models. The start of my Empire of the Blazing Sun army came in today and it consisted of the mechanical squid, a blister of bombers and a island based bunker complex which is HUGE. The game encompasses land sea and air combat during a Steampunk Victorian era setting.

The morale of the story is this kids: don't pick a game you don't like just because a lot of people play it. I hear this time and time again on podcasts where people settle for a miniatures game because it is popular where they LIVE. Fuck that. Start your own groups. Get to know people. Get out there and organize things. Don't settle for Games Workshop garbage just because they provide stores to play their overpriced DRECK in. If your current club doesn't branch out and is stale or won't think outside the box then move to a new box.

On another side note no Tannhauser this weekend instead we opted to play Warhammer Invasion Card Game. I lost with Empire against Orcs and I then lost quickly to the Dwarves with Chaos.



 

1 comment:

  1. Don't feel bad about the losses. Get used to them and embace bitter defeat. They will carry over to DW when my FSA CRUSH YOUR Yellow menace! :)

    ReplyDelete