Saturday, May 4, 2013

Heroclix: "The Start of a Sinister Plan" comic book

Yesterday marked a huge Heroclix day. We fought three battles total and one of them involved a 400 point Sentinel vs. the new Iron Man 3 Iron Patriot and MK 7 armor Iron Man. Though the Sentinel was easily defeated it led me to have a brainstorm later on about how to tie in all the fights we had. As we later fought a bank heist that involved Charles Xavier, Marvel Girl and Batroc the Leaper it would be interesting to tie all this in. Of course I had to embellish some but below is the result. 

Our third battle involved villains vs. villains so this had to be explained as well. So here it is: a mini comic book explaining what went down. It is written from the point of a story board more than anything else so there are some directorial explanations about what I would have liked to have drawn included in the story (in RED).

I have inserted pictures so you can get an idea of who is involved. Also this is not proof read this is straight out of my brain at 4am in the morning so bear with me.

=====================================================


Somewhere over Central Park.

Iron Man flies up into the sky. Far Below is the Iron Patriot hovering of the prone body of a massive sentinel laying amongst felled trees.

*Iron Man zooms across the night sky. Inside his helmet Stark reads a heads up display as Sentinel information scrolls across his vision. On the lower right sits a comm picture of Rhodey Rhodes.*

“Want to explain to me what that was doing in the middle of New York at 3am Tony?”

“Im not sure myself Rhodey. I haven’t seen a Sentinel like that since M Day. That wasn’t related to Sentinel Squad One I know that. That was something different, a variation I had not seen.  Ill have to look into it more. How are things on your end”

“My servo is out and I think my backup systems are down. I need to go back Tony. It packed a wallop for sure. Whatever it was doing here needs to be checked out or this will look bad on us. “

Iron Man comes to a hover.



“Sir, incoming code 2 transmission from Mr. Pym”

“Patch through Jarvis”

“Stark.”

“Pym.”

“Yeah Tony we have reports of some disturbance at the First Federal Savings. Just to let you know Im reading some high brainwave activity on my end here. Mutants Tony.  I know what you reported earlier and I’m…”

“I know where you are going Hank.”

“So Tony just so you should know I heard reports the Mandarin may be involved. I can have Cap send a team in if you...”

“Mandarin? NO. Ill take this one”

“Alone? Tony I don’t think..”

“Stark out.”

Iron man makes a sharp left had 90 degree turn, kicks in the thrusters and zooms off toward the New York skyline

*CUT TO THE FIRST FEDERAL SAVINGS BANK DOWNTOWN NEW YORK. We zoom in on a unconscious Marvel Girl and Professor X slumped against a corner wall.*

Mandarin holds a small comm device in his hand and above his palm floats a holographic image of Baron Zemo.

“The bank is secure Zemo but I have to caution you that your little test has had adverse effects on what we were trying to accomplish here. Two Mutants assaulted us. One of them appears to be Charles Xavier. Rest assured they are subdued but this little incident tells me that others may be alerted to our presence here. We have secured the funds however. The two captives are merely a bonus”

The holographic images shimmers

“Excellent Herr Mandarin. All goes as planned here at the facility as well.”

Mandarin looks over his shoulder to make sure the mutants are well guarded. An extremist mercenary stands over Marvel Girl, gun pointed right at her. In the background Batroc is flipping sacks of money through the air two at a time which land perfectly in a container placed in the center of the floor. He counts in French as he does it

“UN, DEUX, TROIS, QUATRE! Il ya plus d'où ça vient” (“There’s more where that came from!”) *Translated from French – Editor JMAN



“For now things are under control Zemo. But just as a warning to you your first test had some…side effects. Your little device had better work because we got compromised at the bank. You said it was foolproof.”

The image shimmers again. This time with more static

“Herr Mandarin you lose faith too easily. The overall goals of our project are intact. I do appreciate the work you and your men have put into securing the funds. I will handle the issues on my end."

Mandarin shuts the communicator off and walks over to unconscious mutants. Stroking his long mustache he looks over at the Extremist Mercenary.

“Bind them and put the inhibitor on the bald one. Load them into the truck. Activate the beacon distractor. It won’t be long before someone else shows up here especially with what happened in Central Park.”

“Yes sir” The extremist soldier grins.



CUT TO A REMOTE ISLAND OFF THE COAST OF MADRIPOOR. IN THE CENTER SITS A HUGE FACILITY THAT IS NOW OVERRUN WITH VEGETATION BUT STILL POSSESES RATHER FORMIDABLE WALLS AND SECURITY.

INSIDE SITS A CREW OF VILLAINS WORKING TO CLEAN THE PLACE AND HURRIEDLY PREPARE IT

A distraught Rhino kneels over the corpse of…himself on the ground. Standing near him are Baron Zemo and the Klaw. Scattered around the area are several bodies of AIM agents and their failed attack force. 

“Hey Zemo wanna explain this crap? I don’t really like turnin around and putting a beat down on myself! This aint normal!”

Zemo spins to face the Rhino. He looks down at the duplicate incapacitated form of a second Rhino.


“This was a most unfortunate side effect Mr. Sytsevich but rest assured the device will be working as planned shortly.” Zemo turns away, annoyed.

“As planned? You wanna tell me how I ended up facing myself? Your machine is a bust. This is no side effect!”

“Yes Mr. Sytsevich but you handled it quite well. However the presence of AIM and The Leader does concern me. Mister Hyde was in charge of the initial calibration. I suspect that we may have had…some sort of inside influence working against us this night. No matter. The issue is resolved and as you can see we have secured the facility. With the power source lying dormant beneath I will now be able to give undivided attention to my machine and have the resources to fix the testing issues.”


The appearance of the AIM strike force was a most unforeseen setback. He is now assured there was a mole in his operation and he glimpses at the still form of an unconscious Mister Hyde.


The Rhino stands and wipes blood off his face. He sighs heavily.

“Well I hope so. Because I’m in this ta make out nicely on my end like you promised. But this..” he jerks his thumb over his shoulder “…was NOT in the deal. And neither was tusslin with an AIM team. Whose side are they on exactly?”

Zemo chuckles. “No one’s Herr Rhino. Hence their attempt to hijack my technology. Please proceed in assisting Klaw with clearing the area of rubble and debris so that we may move the machine in.”

“If you say so.” The Rhino stomps off.

WALKING INTO THE FRAME FROM THE LEFT IS THE KLAW. He adjusts the sonic emitter on his arm. It still smokes from the recent battle.

“AIM? Seriously Zemo. Of all the people that had to show up here the very ones that imprisoned me into years of servitude. I cannot think you enough for the chance to blast them into oblivion. This has been a most fortuitous turn of events!”

Zemo looks up into the sky. He seems uncomfortable.

“Yes well I have a feeling that our work here may not go unnoticed now Klaw. We must proceed with haste at setting up the Temporal Distortion unit. Once that is done we can achieve our true goal.”

CUT TO AVENGERS TOWER. CAPTAIN AMERICA AND HENRY PYM LEAN OVER A COMPUTER SCREEN LOOKING AT A LAYOUT OF A CHAIN OF ISLANDS OFF THE COAST OF MADRIPOOR

“Annnd pause. Rewind to 2:30. Pause. There.” Pym points to a small circle of light on a tiny island off the coast.

“Right there Steve. See it? Clearly a distortion reading. Not normal whatever it is. We picked up it shortly before Tony and Iron Patriot ran into that Sentinel in Central Park. Whatever it is registered a huge signal”

Captain America stands upright and crosses his arms. Next frame is the computer screen data flowing across the reflection of his eyes in a tight zoom in.

“Right right. I see it. Certainly not normal. I want to send a team in. But we need to make sure that Tony is handling the bank. How did he sound to you? Did you tell him?”

Pym walks over to a counter and grabs a glass of water. He takes a deep gulp.

“I did. He cut me off Steve. He may be thinking with his anger right now more than his brain. I think he went in alone.”

Rogers spins and looks out a window. Frame cut to his from a side view, his shield leaned up against a counter just behind him.

“A Sentinel we haven’t seen in ages, a bank robbery and some sort of temporal explosion off the coast of Madripoor. Sounds like a typical day here huh Henry? Ok…lets rally the troops then. See who we have here and lets split them up. Ill take lead on the Madripoor situation and have Jarvis ready a Quinjet. Looks like no rest for the wicked tonight. I just want to know what the wicked is doing.”

Cap grabs his shield off the floor and walks toward the elevator.

Pym turns and stares back at the screen.

“You and me both….” He mumbles.



CUT

=====================================================

Of course none of this would be complete without actual pics of the battles that took place so here we are:









No comments:

Post a Comment