Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Mr Madison's War: 1812

Finally got this game punched and laid out on the table last night. The components are quite nice and thus far from what I am reading I like the mechanics.

The game has a long title: Mr. Madison's War: The Incredible War of 1812 so I like to refer to it as Mr. Madison's War and then drop the latter part. You can read more about it here on the GMT site:

http://www.gmtgames.com/p-348-mr-madisons-war.aspx

Leaders when activated have a maximum number of units they can command and they game allows for naval and land leaders. All leaders are based off of historical people so it is nice to be able to look them up online and do a little research.

For some reason I have always been intrigued by the War of 1812...no idea why. I just find it interesting.
The game also has three decks of cards separated by year. Once 1812 passes for example those cards are no good in 1813. There are also rules for sheltering in the winter, supplies, burning towns and control of lakes via naval clashes.

The combat is basically add up strength points, consult a table and add or subtract modifiers to the die roll. This results in retreats and step losses.

As I dive into the game further I will post more but for now I wanted to break out the components and get to look at it a little more.


No comments:

Post a Comment