Monday, April 28, 2014

My Elder Scrolls Online observations

So yeah. I had this long response for another post but then I realized I didnt want to derail a thread about someone actually ENJOYING a game. Its not good taste. So I will post it here and let people lambaste me. Lets talk Elder Scrolls Online: Well this is a touchy subject for me. Not trying to argue or down one's opinion. I know that its hard to discuss points on the internet without someone being offended or getting defensive.

I think the negative reviews about this title revolve around: "we have done this before in Skyrim." This just has people. So when I log in I get bored real fast. For example my modded Skyrim has better quests, better tradeskilling, better dungeons, better NPC interaction and I don't have to deal with annoying people getting me whacked in instances or just being annoying in general. Also the game feels a bit console-ish. I guess I just cant take it seriously. Now granted the death animations are great and some things are well done but it feels like a stripped down Skyrim game. Controls and hit boxes seem off.As well as the invisible walls and the strange classes the game uses.

 Now take away all the garbage about 40 mans and the graphics of Wildstar. The game will LAUNCH COMPLETE for the most part.

Housing: check.
PVP: check
Endgame: check.
Dungeons: Check
Lore: check
Crafting: check.
Diverse starting areas: check

 I feel when the next big thing comes along this game will fade fast. Course what do I know I still play Secret World. Also is it really complete? There are many things in EQ2 that this game doesn't even do yet. Or RIFT for that matter. I just think its odd that people forget about these other more complete games and insist that those games get old and worthless just because of a new launch. Yet there are features in those games that dont even exist in this game. It baffles me. Perhaps this is why I stay out of MMO discussions.

I mean why not just stay in the one you have been playing? That's why I play these older MMO's. I look at the new title. I say "does it have A,B or C" No? Ok well then I am not leaving. What's the point? Now should there be housing in games like Secret World? God no. maybe an apartment would be cool. But that game already features some things that no other MMO does. So I am content for the devs to focus on more storylines and investigations.

  #MMO #MMORPG #TESO #Funcom 

No comments:

Post a Comment